Ornamec Over-The-Top(OTT) Grass Herbicide-Gallon provides outstanding postemergence control of unwanted grasses in groundcovers, shrubs and trees. And the majority of the nearly 500 species and varieties of plants on the label may be treated with Ornamec applied "over-the-top". Some species or varieties of ornamentals require that Ornamec be applied as a directed spray in order to minimize phytotoxicity.
There are over 30 grass weed species listed on the label. You'll find many common types of unwanted annual grasses: crabgrass, barnyardgrass, goose grass, foxtail, sandbur, panicum. Also, few herbicides are as effective as Ornamec against hard-to-control perennial grasses. Quack grass, bermudagrass and torpedo grass are examples. Another is johnsongrass which is controlled in both rhizome and seedling stages.
Does not control broadleaf weeds, rushes and sedges.
Where can Ornamec be used?
Evergreen and wild flower beds – to remove unsightly grass.
Ground covers – to maintain immaculate appearance.
Nurseries – to remove grass in the field-grown woody ornamentals.
Ornamec takes out unwanted bermudagrass without injury to desirable tall fescue and zoysia turf.
- Selectively controls emerged annual grasses – panicum, goosegrass, crabgrass, foxtail, sandbur and barnyardgrass
- Also controls perennial grasses such as bermuda grass, quackgrass, torpedograss and johnsongrass
- "Over-the-top" applications on most ornamentals - shrubs, ground covers, trees, flowers and wildflowers listed on the label
- May be used on and around newly-emerging ornamentals as well as transplants
- Treated grass ceases growth in as little as 48 hours
- Grass death in 1 to 3 weeks
- Rain-fast 1 hour after application
- Active Ingredient : Fluazifop -- 6.75%(Ornamec), Alkylaryl Polyoxyethylene Glycols -- 80%(Aqua-Zorb CA non-ionic surfactant)
- Selective removal of bermudagrass from zoysia and tall fescue turf
- Free included Aqua-Zorb CA non-ionic surfactant
- Use 64 to 96 fl. oz. of Ornamec herbicide per acre and 0.25% vol./vol. (8 fl. oz. per 25 gallons) of a nonionic surfactant. For perennial grasses, use 96 fl. oz. of Ornamec per acre per application and three applications will be needed.
- Spot treatment : 2.5oz of Ornamec and 0.33oz of non-ionic surfactant per 1 gallon of water
All registered users can post a new review.
No customer reviews for the moment in your selected language.
Be the first to write a review.