BotaniGard 22WP Natural Biological Mycoinsecticide -1LB Wettable Powder Biological insecticide used to control whitefly, thrips, aphids, and many other soft-bodied insects in greenhouse, nursery, vegetable, turf and field crops. Based on the highly successful fungus, Beauveria bassiana, strain GHA, it controls the most troublesome crop pests – even resistant strains such as Q-biotype whitefly.
BotaniGard is versatile enough to use as a stand alone, as a tank mix partner, or in rotation with other insecticides.
• Superior formulation – highest spore concentration in a Beauveria-containing insecticide
• Insect control which equals or exceeds chemical insecticides
• Unique mode of action – spores infect directly through the insect’s cuticle
• Excellent tool for resistance management
• Cost effective – controls the early stages of insects, preventing population flare-ups and the cost of rescue treatments
• Excellent safety profile – large and diverse crop list and multiple use sites; reduced risk to workers and the environment
• Compatible for tank-mixes with many pesticides
• Available in OMRI Listed formulation – Mycotrol O
• Exempt from residue tolerance and has a zero(0)-day preharvest interval
• 4-hour REI
Unique Mode of Action
BotaniGard’s mode of action is unlike any conventional insecticide. The applied spores infect directly through the outside of the insect’s cuticle (the skin). Spores
adhering to the host will germinate and produce enzymes that attack and dissolve the cuticle, allowing it to penetrate the skin and grow into the insect’s
body. As the insect dies, it will change color to pink or brown, and eventually the entire body cavity is filled with fungal mass. The most common visible indication
of insect death is a discoloration of the larvae or pupae. It is not necessary for a white fungal growth to occur to know the product is working; the insect is killed before this happens.
Rate : 1 Tablespoon per 1 Gallon of water for Pest in Label
(1lb ~ 2lb per 100 gallons of water)
Active Ingredient : Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA --- 22%