Advance Termite Bait System(TBS) (BASF Whitmire-Microgen) - Pro kit consists
- Two(2) box of monitoring-baiting system - 10 stations per box (included wood base(TMB) and monitoring catridge(TIC))
- One(1) box of Compressed Termite Bait II(TBC) - 6 TBC
- One(1) Spider tool for opening lid.
That's all you need.
At the time of installation, the stations are pre-baited with two levels: one a grooved cylinder of wood and the other a Puri-Cell™ monitoring matrix. When termites are found in a station, a termite bait cartridge containing the molt-inhibiting chemical diflubenzuron is installed on top of the wood monitoring base. Adult termites, including reproductives and soldiers, are not affected directly by this active ingredient. Immature worker termites which do the foraging and food collection. Advance TBS can be used as a standalone product.
Pest Management Professionals offer two basic types of treatment options. The first option is known as a termite bait system. This approach involves installing termite bait stations around the perimeter of a home every 10-15 feet. The stations are then checked on a regular basis by the PMP. Upon finding termites in the stations, a bait cartridge is placed inside the station which is fed upon by termites and destroys the colony attacking the home. The second option is known as a liquid chemical barrier treatment. This involves trenching the exterior around your foundation walls and placing a liquid chemical into the ground. Depending on your situation and the product, it may also involve drilling into your front porch, garage, brick siding and other slab areas inside your home. Most homes require from 70+ gallons of chemical to treat the home.
While both approaches are effective at controlling termites, the newer bait system technology offers several distinct advantages:
1. Complete elimination of the colony or colonies attacking your home
2. Less invasive to your home (no drilling, no liquid chemicals)
3. Long-term protection as a result of the ongoing monitoring done by your pest managment professional that does not degrade over time
4. Service convenience due to the fact that it is performed only on the outside your home
To make an informed decision for protecting your home and family, take a closer look at the comparison of liquid vs. bait treatments.